PENERAPAN METODE PEMBELAJARAN PROBLEM BASED LEARNING (PBL) DAPAT MENINGKATKAN HASIL BELAJAR REDOKS DAN ELEKTROKIMIA SISWA KELAS XII MIPA8 MAN 1 LAMONGAN

  • Siti Aminah
Keywords: Method, Learning, Problem, Based

Abstract

Based on observations during learning and test results data in the material "Redox and Electrochemistry" in class XII MIPA school year 2016/2017 show learning outcomes with low abilities. From 30 students, it was found that only 10 people (33%) succeeded in achieving Minimal Learning Completion (KBM) with a value of 80. The remaining 20 students or 67% did not succeed in reaching KBM, under KBM. In the year of 2017/2018 class XII MIPA MAN 1 Lamongan on the same material there were still low learning outcomes, that is 30% (9 students from 30 students) who reach KBM (table 1.1). This means that students of class XII MIPA MAN 1 Lamongan have difficulties in Redox and Electrochemical material.

During this time, the teacher presents learning redox and electrochemical materials using discussion and assignment methods without reflection so that students are not active and do not get learning experiences that are meaningful in accordance with the context and experience of everyday life. Therefore, students' abilities and activities need to be improved.

Based on the background above, in an effort to improve student learning outcomes in learning redox and electrochemical material, the authors carried out Classroom Action Research (PTK) by applying Problem Based Learning (PBL) learning methods. This study aims to improve student learning outcomes in redox and electrochemical material.Based on the analysis of PTK results obtained in the first cycle, the average value of learning outcomes was 65.35 and the percentage of students who achieved a value of ≥80 was 64.29%. There was an increase in the second cycle, the average student test results reached 82.32 and the percentage of students who scored ≥80 was 89.29%. This means that PTK has succeeded in achieving an indicator of success.

Author Biography

Siti Aminah

Teacher at MAN 1 Lamongan

Published
2019-05-27
How to Cite
Aminah, S. (2019). PENERAPAN METODE PEMBELAJARAN PROBLEM BASED LEARNING (PBL) DAPAT MENINGKATKAN HASIL BELAJAR REDOKS DAN ELEKTROKIMIA SISWA KELAS XII MIPA8 MAN 1 LAMONGAN . Cendekia, 2(2). Retrieved from http://e-journal.man1lamongan.sch.id/index.php/cendekia/article/view/16